Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Behave Wisely

SCRIPTURE PASSAGE OF THE DAY

Psalm 101

King James Version 
1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

The statement in the second verse is a major statement. It should be a daily goal to behave oneself wisely.  As Christians, our lifestyles are examined closely. There are people watching our behavior. We may never see them watching but believe me people are watching you. To be a Christian is to be Christ like. We should strive to emulate the actions and reactions of Christ. This is not to say that we will never fail in this task but if we do we have an advocate with the Father. We must repent and try again. 
Please allow me to touch on the latter part of the second verse. I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. Wow! Now this my friend is awesome because most people can put on a show in church and even in the community. The question is.. How are you behaving at home? The God that is watching you in the community and church is the same God that is watching you at home. Your behavior should not change because your location change. Your God didn't change. So, beloved, instead of putting energy into masking your negative behavior at church and in the community let's put the energy into prayer and asking God to change your attitude and behavior by the power of the Holy Ghost. It is this power of the Holy Ghost that empowers us to do those things we can not do within in our natural ability. 
The last verse can serve as a warning. Don't allow yourself to be comfortable in seeing wicked things. Watch wickedness long enough and you will become immune to it. It will not look wicked to you for long. It will become normal. Follow the leading of the Holy Ghost. If you are watching television and the spirit speaks and tells you to turn it off. Be obedient. If the office talk turns negative and you know you should not be in the midst of it. Walk away. Don't allow these things to cleave to you. It will eventually cause you to stumble and remember the statement that we started with... I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. 
Be blessed and make an effort today to think before you act.
 . 

No comments:

Post a Comment